It was a quiet afternoon for Blackhawks representatives at the IIHF Worlds, as all three participants were held off the score sheet in the two games they were involved in. Tomorrow should be a much different story though as there will be multiple heavyweight bouts.
Sweden defeats Latvia, 5-4
This next highlight isn’t Blackhawks-related, but it’s an absolutely beautiful play. Check out the saucer pass from Henrik Lundqvist to help set up this goal for Sweden. Unfortunately, he didn’t get an assist on the play because John Klingberg and William Nylander touched the puck before Adrian Kempe scored. He should at least get some style points or something:
Canada defeats Denmark, 5-0
Five of the six games tomorrow will feature Blackhawks players or prospects.
- 5:00 AM central time: Finland (D Henri Jokiharju, G prospect Kevin Lankinen) vs. Germany (F Dominik Kahun)
- 5:00 AM central time: Czech Republic (F Dominik Kubalik) vs. Switzerland (F prospect Philipp Kurashev)
- 9:00 AM central time: Norway (F Andreas Martinsen) vs. Latvia
- 1:00 PM central time: Canada (F Dylan Strome) vs. United States (F Patrick Kane, F Alex DeBrincat)
- 1:00 PM central time: Sweden (D Erik Gustafsson, F Marcus Kruger) vs. Russia (F Artem Anisimov)
Be sure to follow Four Feathers Podcast on Twitter for live updates!
Featured Photo: NHL.com