The Mid-American Conference announced each team’s six-game schedule today. Here are some quick scheduling notes for the 2020 season before we breakdown the Huskies opponents.
The 2020 season kicks off Wednesday, November 4 with all MAC teams playing that night. Weeks Two and Three will be Tuesday and Wednesday night games before switching to Saturday games after the Thanksgiving holiday.
The MAC Championship game is set to be played on Friday, December 18 at Ford Field in Detroit. Kickoff times are still to be determined, but it’s expected that the game will be in the evening and on ESPN. MACtion is returning.
Here is the 2020 NIU Football Schedule:
- 11/4 vs. Buffalo (8-5 in 2019. NIU won 30-29 in the MAC Championship the last time these two teams played.)
- 11/11 vs. Central Michigan (8-6 Last season. CMU won 48-10 in 2019.)
- 11/18 at Ball State (5-7 Last season. 27-20 Ball State in 2019.)
- 11/28 at Western Michigan (7-6 Last season. NIU beat WMU 17-14 in the final game of the 2019 season.)
- 12/5 vs. Toledo (6-6 Last season. NIU won 31-28 in 2019)
- 12/12 at Eastern Michigan (6-7 Last season. EMU beat NIU 45-17 in 2019)
- 12/18 MAC Championship (See you there Husky fans)
There is nothing better than opening up the season with a MAC Championship rematch. Sprinkle in some of NIU’s rivals in the MAC, and a big revenge game against EMU at the end of the season, and you’ve got yourself quite the six-game stretch. There is minimal room for error in six games, but if there is any NIU Huskie football team that can handle the adversity thrown its way, it’s this team.
See you December 4th.