Chicago White Sox mascot Southpaw is on his way to the Mascot Hall of Fame! “The Fuzzy Green Dude” will become the 25th mascot inducted. He will join Benny the Bull and Tommy Hawk in the group of Chicago sports mascots to earn such honors.
Southpaw has been a fixture of the White Sox game day experience since 2014. In that time, he has made huge strides toward getting himself into the Hall of Fame. It ain’t easy being entertaining constantly. Southpaw has brought joy to the South Side faithful since his arrival, even when the team was struggling in the midst of a rebuild.
Below is a list of accolades Southpaw has gathered over his years:
- Performed at over 6,100 community events since 2004; an average of over 335 appearances per year, plus 81 home games!
- 2015-2016 Regional Emmy Award Winner
- 1,346 Chicago White Sox Home Games attended
- 5,500 Frequent Flyer Miles at the Xfinity Kids Zone
- 17X MLB All-Star Performances
- Developed Southpaw Strikes Out Bullying, a free school show for kids and teachers
- Visited the White House
- First and only MLB Mascot to attend a game in the state of Iowa (8-12-21 Field of Dreams Game)
- Skipped 111 times in a minute to consolidate the 2nd position in the Limca Book of Records
- Chugged 29 chocolate milks in one sitting
- Hot dog connoisseur
- Notoriously late for work
- In 2020, Southpaw was voted MLB Network Radio’s Best Mascot in Baseball via a Twitter fan vote. Thanks, Twitter followers!
- Has been called out by one too many people named Rebecca in my lifetime.
- Bitter rival of Sluggerrr
- Occasionally chastised on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
Congratulations, Southpaw! White Sox fans are lucky to have a Hall of Fame Mascot!
Below is a video of the two best Mascots in the WORLD. Check it out and be blown away by these Hall of Famers!
Follow On Tap Sports Net on social media!