Six Chicago-area natives were named to the United States women’s Olympic team roster Sunday to compete at the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing.
- Megan Bozek (Buffalo Grove)
- Kendall Coyne Schofield (Palos Heights)
- Jesse Compher (Northbrook)
- Savannah Harmon (Downers Grove)
- Hilary Knight (Lake Forest)
- Abbey Murphy (Evergreen Park)
Knight will play in her fourth Games, while Coyne Schofield will be in her third and Bozek in her second. Knight and Coyne Schofield were each part of the Americans’ 2018 gold-medal team, while Bozek won silver with the duo in 2014.
Coyne Schofield, who is the team captain, also serves as a player development coach and youth hockey growth specialist for the Chicago Blackhawks.
Alex Cavallini, a goaltender, who is from Wisconsin but traveled to Chicago growing up to play for the Chicago Mission AAA Boys Bantam Majors, also made the Olympic team.
Follow On Tap Sports Net on social media!