“Chicago Cubs baseball is on the air.”
That famous phrase by Cubs legendary radio broadcaster Pat Hughes will be heard Thursday when the Cubs take the field against the White Sox in two split-squad games to start Spring Training play.
The Cubs play 17 Cactus League games, and four split-squad games, this spring. Eight of the 17 games will come against National League teams, including two against an NL Central division foe in the Cincinnati Reds.
All games have a to-be-determined start time.
Cubs’ 2022 Spring Training Schedule
- Thursday, March 17: vs./at White Sox (SS)
- Friday, March 18: at Giants
- Saturday, March 19: vs. Padres
- Sunday, March 20: at Dodgers
- Monday, March 21: vs. Reds
- Tuesday, March 22: at Mariners
- Wednesday, March 23: vs. A’s
- Thursday, March 24: at Angels
- Friday, March 25: vs. Rockies
- Saturday, March 26: at Padres
- Sunday, March 27: vs. Royals
- Monday, March 28: at Reds
- Tuesday, March 29: vs. Diamondbacks
- Wednesday, March 30: vs. Mariners
- Thursday, April 1: at Brewers (SS), at Diamondbacks (SS)
- Friday, April 2: vs. Angels
- Saturday, April 3: at Guardians
- Sunday, April 4: vs. White Sox
- Monday, April 5: at Rangers
After completing their spring training schedule in Arizona, the Chicago Cubs will head home to Wrigley Field on Thursday, April 7 to open the regular season with a four-game homestand against the Milwaukee Brewers. All four games are scheduled for a 1:20 PM first pitch.
Follow On Tap Sports Net on social media!