As NHL award season approaches, the results of the 2021-22 NHLPA Player Poll are in. For the second consecutive season, Chicago Blackhawks’ forward Patrick Kane was voted the league’s best stick-handler.
Kane received 57.3% of the vote, representing a 7% jump from his 2021 total. Edmonton Oilers’ superstar Connor McDavid placed second this year with 22.8% of the vote. Nathan MacKinnon of the Colorado Avalanche received 5.3% of the votes to place third.
It’s no secret that Patrick Kane has the best hands in the league. His quick maneuvers through tight spaces on the ice seem almost impossible at times. Still, Kane seems to execute his moves flawlessly, almost making them look easy.
Also known for his incredible on-ice vision, Kane received the second-highest vote total (15.6%) for best passer. Leon Draisaitl of the Oilers topped that category with 17.7% of the vote.
Kane topped the Blackhawks and finished seventh in the league with 66 assists during the 2021-22 season. While a handful of other players racked up gaudier totals, Kane’s feeds frequently looked something like this:
2021-22 NHLPA Player Poll Best Stick-Handler Voting Results
- Patrick Kane (Chicago Blackhawks) – 57.3%
- Connor McDavid (Edmonton Oilers) – 22.8%
- Nathan MacKinnon (Colorado Avalanche) – 5.3%
- Aleksander Barkov (Florida Panthers) – 2.4%
- Johnny Gaudreau (Calgary Flames) – 1.4%
- Auston Matthews (Toronto Maple Leafs) – 1.4%
- Other – 9.09%
Total Votes: 539
2021-22 NHLPA Player Poll Best Passer Voting Results
- Leon Draisaitl (Edmonton Oilers) – 17.7%
- Patrick Kane (Chicago Blackhawks) – 15.6%
- Niklas Backstrom (Washington Capitals) – 15.4%
- Connor McDavid (Edmonton Oilers) – 10.6%
- Nikita Kucherov (Tampa Bay Lightning) – 6.2%
- Other – 34.29%
Total Votes: 525
Follow On Tap Sports Net on social media!