The Chicago Cubs start a seven-game road trip Monday when they begin a four-game series against the Pittsburgh Pirates at PNC Park.
After Chicago plays in Pittsburgh, the Cubs will visit the St. Louis Cardinals for a three-game series. The Cubs play every day this coming week to give them 17 straight days without an off-day before resting Monday, June 27.
Chicago dropped ten straight games then won two of three against the reigning World Series Champion Atlanta Braves. The Cubs won the first two in the series, 1-0 and 6-3, before a 6-0 loss Sunday.
Pittsburgh has won just two of its last 13 games after a 4-3 victory against the San Francisco Giants on Sunday. Chicago native, Jack Suwinski, became the first rookie in MLB history to have a three-run home run game that included a walk-off.
The Pirates have faired much better when they out-hit their opponents, posting an 18-5 record. The Cubs trail the season series against the Pirates 5-4.
Pittsburgh Pirates Injuries
- Yoshitomo Tsutsugo: 10-Day IL (back)
- Dillon Peters: 15-Day IL (back)
- Tucupita Marcano: 10-Day IL (COVID-19)
- Canaan Smith-Njigba: 60-Day IL (wrist)
- Duane Underwood Jr.: 15-Day IL (COVID-19)
- Josh VanMeter: 10-Day IL (finger)
- Ben Gamel: 10-Day IL (hamstring)
- Kevin Newman: 60-Day IL (groin)
- Roberto Perez: 60-Day IL (hamstring)
- Jake Marisnick: 10-Day IL (thumb)
- Greg Allen: 60-Day IL (hamstring)
- Blake Cederlind: 60-Day IL (elbow)
- Nick Mears: 60-Day IL (elbow)
Chicago Cubs Injuries
- Nick Madrigal: 10-Day IL (groin)
- Wade Miley: 15-Day IL (shoulder)
- Marcus Stroman: 15-Day IL (shoulder)
- David Bote: 60-Day IL (shoulder)
- Manuel Rodriguez: 60-Day IL (elbow)
- Drew Smyly: 15-Day IL (oblique)
- Seiya Suzuki: 10-Day IL (finger)
- Ethan Roberts: 60-Day IL (shoulder)
- Michael Hermosillo: 10-Day IL (COVID-19)
- Adbert Alzolay: 60-Day IL (shoulder)
- Codi Heuer: 60-Day IL (elbow)
- Brad Wieck: 60-Day IL (elbow)
Monday: Caleb Kilian, RHP (0-1, 8.00 ERA, 1.67 WHIP) vs. J.T. Brubaker, RHP (0-7, 4.50 ERA, 1.44 WHIP)
Tuesday: Matt Swarmer, RHP (1-2, 5.23 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) vs. Roansy Contreras, RHP (1-1, 3.06 ERA, 1.30 WHIP)
Wednesday: Keegan Thompson, RHP (6-2, 3.27 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) vs. Zach Thompson, RHP (3-5, 4.47 ERA, 1.42 WHIP)
Thursday: Justin Steele, LHP (2-5, 4.27 ERA, 1.47 WHIP) vs. Jose Quintana, LHP (1-4, 3.66 ERA, 1.33 WHIP)
How to Watch
Monday: 6:05 PM, Marquee Sports Network
Tuesday: 6:05 PM, Marquee Sports Network
Wednesday: 6:05 PM, Marquee Sports Network
Thursday: 11:35 AM, Marquee Sports Network
All times Central
Follow On Tap Sports Net on social media!