The Chicago White Sox fell to the Houston Astros on Sunday by a final score of 4-3. They lost two of three games against the Astros and look to bounce back against the Toronto Blue Jays who visit Chicago for a three-game series.
The White Sox record remains below .500 at 31-33. But they have a real opportunity this week to get back on track with their three core pitchers slated to throw against Toronto. The Sox sit five games behind the Minnesota Twins for first place in the AL Central.
The White Sox do expect shortstop Tim Anderson to return to the Chicago lineup Monday after missing several weeks with an injury. Furthermore, Lance Lynn will get his first start at home in 2022.
The Blue Jays are also coming off a series loss. The New York Yankees took two out of three games against Toronto over the weekend, putting up 25 runs. They sport a 38-28 record heading into their visit to Chicago.
But they’re still 11 games behind the aforementioned Yankees in the American League East. They will travel to Milwaukee after this three-game series and then host Boston next week.
Chicago White Sox Injuries
- Liam Hendriks: 15-Day IL (forearm)
- Eloy Jimenez: 10-Day IL (hamstring)
- Leury Garcia: Day-to-day (side)
- Matt Foster: Bereavement leave
- Yoan Moncada: Day-to-day (hamstring)
- Kyle Crick: 15-Day IL (elbow)
- Yasmani Grandal: 15-Day IL (back)
- Aaron Bummer: 15-Day IL
Toronto Blue Jays Injuries
- Nate Pearson: 60-Day IL (illness/shoulder discomfort)
- Trevor Richards: 15-Day IL
- Hyun Jin Ryu: 15-Day IL (elbow)
- Anthony Kay: Day-to-day (undisclosed)
- Eric Pardinho: Day-to-day (elbow)
- Julian Merryweather: 15-Day IL (oblique)
- Danny Jansen: 10-Day IL (finger)
- Joey Murray: Day-to-day
- Hagen Danner: Day-to-day
- Tayler Saucedo: 10-Day IL (hip)
- Andrew Vasquez: 15-Day IL
- Elvis Luciano: Day-to-day (arm)
- C.J. Van Eyk: Day-to-day
Blue Jays: Jose Berrios, RHP (5-2, 4.65 ERA, 1.24 WHIP)
White Sox: Lance Lynn, RHP (0-0, 6.23 ERA, 2.31 WHIP)
Blue Jays: Kevin Gausman, RHP (5-6, 3.21 ERA, 1.26 WHIP)
White Sox: Dylan Cease, RHP (5-3, 2.91 ERA, 1.35 WHIP)
Blue Jays: Ross Stripling, RHP (3-2, 3.28 ERA, 1.07 WHIP)
White Sox: Lucas Giolito, RHP (4-3, 4.78 ERA, 1.49 WHIP)
How to Watch Blue Jays at White Sox
Monday: 7:10 PM, NBC Sports Chicago, MLB.TV
Tuesday: 7:10 PM, NBC Sports Chicago, MLB.TV
Wednesday: 1:10 PM, NBC Sports Chicago, MLB.TV
All Times Central
Tune in to the Sox On Tap podcast for postgame reaction and further White Sox commentary all season.
Follow On Tap Sports Net on social media!