Ah yes, the time of year for beer lovers has officially arrived. On Tuesday, Goose Island officially announced its 2021 Bourbon County Stout lineup. The lineup is as follows:
- Bourbon County Stout
- Bourbon County Cherry Wood Stout
- Bourbon County Reserve 150 Stout
- Bourbon County Double Barrel Toasted Barrel Stout
- Bourbon County Reserve Blanton's Stout
- Bourbon County Classic Cola Stout
- Bourbon County Fourteen Stout
- Proprietor's Bourbon County Stout
Of the eight varieties for this year's class, five of them highlight the type of wood from the barrels they were aged in. It's a unique theme the 2021 class possesses.
In years past, Goose Island has experimented with tea, caramel apple, and even orange in their Bourbon County Stout varieties. This year most notably features a cola stout, as well as a version of the 2014 Proprietor's.
Each of the 2021 variants should provide a unique spin on the Goose Island classic. The use of various woods likely means another incredible variety for fans to try this year. The 2021 class is certainly worth scooping up, but make sure you get enough to drink right away, as well as age.
More details on the Bourbon County Stout release are coming soon from us here at On Tap Sports Net.