The second day of the IIHF World Championships featured four more games in which Blackhawks players and prospects participated. Let's check out how they fared.
Switzerland defeats Italy 9-0
This one was an absolute rout. Blackhawks forward prospect Philipp Kurashev recorded an assist on the second Swiss goal of the morning:
Germany defeats Great Britain, 3-1
Finland defeats Slovakia, 4-2
Top draft prospect Kaapo Kakko stole the show again for the Finns as he recorded a hat trick to propel a victorious effort.
On the Blackhawks front, defenseman Henri Jokiharju was quiet but goalie prospect Kevin Lankinen was solid once again as he recorded 23 saves on 25 shots en route to his second win of the tournament.
Czech Republic defeats Norway, 7-2
Blackhawks forward prospect Dominik Kubalik had himself a day for the Czech Republic. He recorded a goal and two assists:
On the Norwegian side, Blackhawks forward Andreas Martinsen recorded an assist.
All six games tomorrow will feature Blackhawks players or prospects.
- 5:00 AM central time: United States (F Patrick Kane, F Alex DeBrincat) vs. France
- 5:00 AM central time: Russia (F Artem Anisimov) vs. Austria
- 9:00 AM central time: Denmark vs. Germany (F Dominik Kahun)
- 9:00 AM central time: Italy vs. Sweden (F Marcus Kruger, D Erik Gustafsson)
- 1:00 PM central time: Great Britain vs. Canada (F Dylan Strome)
- 1:00 PM central time: Latvia vs. Switzerland (F Philipp Kurashev)
Be sure to follow Four Feathers Podcast on Twitter for live updates!
Featured Photo: Andrew Nelles/USA Today Sports