After taking two out of three games against the Toronto Blue Jays, the Chicago White Sox host the Baltimore Orioles for a four-game series this weekend. The Sox are still looking to get above .500 in the month of June. But with the Orioles in town, they have a good shot at achieving it.
The White Sox currently sit in third place in the AL Central division behind the Guardians and Twins. It's been nearly a full calendar month since Chicago sported a record above .500 as they can't break through the threshold of a one-game difference.
At 33-34, the Sox are desperate to string together a winning streak and catch the semi-slumping Twins.
Meanwhile, the Baltimore Orioles dwell at the bottom of the AL East. With a record of 31-39, Baltimore is over 20 games behind the Yankees in the division. Despite taking two out of three games against Tampa Bay last weekend, the Orioles' streak of splitting series dates back all the way to May 27.
They lost one series in the middle of that streak to Cleveland as well and are not playing good baseball.
Chicago White Sox Injuries
- Danny Mendick: Day-to-day (knee)
- Luis Robert: Day-to-day (leg)
- Adam Engel: Day-to-day (hamstring)
- Leury Garcia: Day-to-day (side)
- Aaron Bummer: 15-Day IL (shoulder)
- Yasmani Grandal: 10-Day IL (back)
- Yoan Moncada: 10-Day IL (hamstring)
- Liam Hendriks: 15-Day IL (forearm)
- Eloy Jimenez: 10-Day IL (hamstring)
- Kyle Crick: 15-Day IL (elbow)
Baltimore Orioles Injuries
- Matt Harvey: Day-to-day (suspension)
- Ramon Urias: 10-Day IL (oblique)
- Kyle Stowers: Day-to-day
- Yusniel Diaz: Day-to-day (hamstring)
- Grayson Rodriguez: Day-to-day (lat strain)
- Reed Trimble: Day-to-day
- Alexander Wells: 60-Day IL (elbow)
- John Means: 60-Day IL (elbow)
- Chris Ellis: 60-Day IL (shoulder)
- Travis Lakins Sr.: 15-Day IL (elbow)
Orioles: Dean Kremer, RHP (0-0, 2.35 ERA, 1.17 WHIP)
White Sox: Johnny Cueto, RHP (1-3, 2.95 ERA, 1.10 WHIP)
Orioles: Kyle Bradish, RHP (1-4, 7.38 ERA, 1.77 WHIP)
White Sox: Michael Kopech, RHP (2-3, 2.38 ERA, 0.99 WHIP)
White Sox: Lance Lynn, RHP (1-0, 5.79 ERA, 1.71 WHIP)
Orioles: Jordan Lyles, RHP (4-6, 4.92 ERA, 1.50 WHIP)
White Sox: Dylan Cease, RHP (5-3, 2.68 ERA, 1.28 WHIP)
How to Watch Orioles at White Sox
Thursday: 7:10 PM, NBC Sports Chicago, MLB.TV, MASN
Friday: 7:10 PM, NBC Sports Chicago, MLB.TV, MASN
Saturday: 1:10 PM, NBC Sports Chicago, MLB.TV, MASN
Sunday: 1:10 PM, NBC Sports Chicago, MLB.TV, MASN
All Times Central